Permission to go to a party? Talk to your dad.
Although the mother is mostly the one carrying the family burden: cooking, taking the home, solving everyday problems and staying more in contact with the children and their daily demands, the role of the father as head of the family and father figure is indisputable.
True or false?
The father is the main support and pillar of the family and although he has undergone valuable modifications he continues to be Head of the Family and authority in our homes.
At present, the roles of fathers and mothers have been significantly modified; currently parents are committed to the development and upbringing of their children, it is not possible in these times a father who does not appreciate and value quality times with their children; thus allowing the professional or technical development of mothers who now contribute financially at home; as a result, parents no longer dedicate themselves exclusively to generating income. Perhaps the meaning of family is now being really applied as the family nucleus that works as a team for the success and benefit of each of its members.
A dad present
Dad plays a very important role in the family; being now the main collaborator of mom at home; both share functions within their home and share time with their children, without forgetting about each other; maintaining a stable and intact relationship, which allows children to be guided in the most appropriate manner without separation or divorce, which is currently being understood as the greatest benefit for the emotional stability of children and their educational use . Parents are now part of the family not only as an economic support but as a transcendent character in the formation of children, providing security, confidence, balance, and affection.
An absent father is one of the causes of violent behavior in children.
Assertive communication in the family
- Be positive when speaking, avoid using the NO; and just say the same … Ex. “Would you stop raising your voice? That really bothers me. “
- If we want to communicate, we must both be comfortable, without interruptions.
- Listen to your appreciations and reasons with interest; putting us in its place; since we can also learn a lot from our children.
- Ask for the opinion of our children; allowing us not always to agree, we will take a calm and free speech dialogue.
- Do not contradict us, teach by example, allow us to repeat the request without threats or manipulations.